July 7, 2008

My House-Get an Impression


Yeah, it really is a house but obviously not just mine. As written before, I share my home with nine other people and guess what?! I finally know all their names. It has been almost two weeks now and either it is getting a little bit warmer or I just got used to get up in the cold, walk that seemingly endless long, cold way to the shower (which is just down the stairs), and jump under the hot shower in a freezing bathroom. Ok, enough whining-it's all good. In contrast it is very comfi sitting in the kitchen or the TV-corner at night each heated by a wood stove. This is obviously just the case if somebody is found to start a fire ;) I also had to change rooms which did not bother me too much-and after all, I like my new room more than my old one which is just next door.

The weekends I found are everything else but relaxing. The weekends start on thursday night (after which still comes an early friday morning) and end on sunday night. For all of you who do not know math: that equals three days of sufficient rest and four days with a lack of sleep. My plan when going to Chile was to reduce my consumption of disenchanting fluids but the problem with that is: I am on the South American continent. Wine, pisco-sour, pis-cola in combination with salsa, merengue, fiestas, and asados equals a good time with "friends" and collegues and the consumption of those fluids (I sure was not aware of this. But do not worry-I am far away of being an alcoholic and I am on my way to find the right dosing. It is important for me to not deprive you of that South American cultural aspect :)

Of course I am not just having fun on the weekends but also do a lot for the educational part of my stay abroad. Reading, writing diary, studying some Spanish verbs, sports, and getting around.
..Just yesterday I went on a half-day excursion to the Saltos de Petrohue, some nice waterfalls situated in the Vincente Perez Rosales National Park.

No comments: