October 17, 2008

It's been a long long time...

...that I updated what I am about. I tell you, in the last six weeks or so happened a monton de cosas-I went to Argentina, participated in wedding (as a guest-no worries), quit my job-as a matter of fact I am using my last day today to update my blog, and will be travelling from next Monday until christmas. Now you are asking yourself: "What happened-why quit this dude his job?" I tell you:

***censured*** But in the end I have to thank them
"Protours" for inviting me to Chile. My Spanish allows me communicate, have discussions about the financial crisis and the matter of fact that Europe is not democratic (?!?!?!?!?!?), and to go to the doctor and explain to him what my simptoms are and to understand what I really got. From almost 0 to that-juhuuu. After I decided to leave Protours about six weeks ago I had the best time here in Puerto Varas which in the end makes it a little rough to leave on Monday. Besides the Spanish I was able to see the few 1000 injustices that exist in this country with only little culture and only exists because the people keep buying stuff they cannot afford, running to the banks asking for credits...Indeed it is a nice place to travel and enjoy the nature that goes from desert to glaciers but for living-NO THANK YOU. Managers earn European salaries whereas poor Rodrigo has to live with no more than 600USD and price similar to Europe. Once I asken a Chilean guy how this system survives-he answered it does survive because the people make more debts to by stuff and because the cannot pay the credit they take another one. Poeple do not live here they survive. So the only action I could possibly take was going back to Germany, which I will do over christmas. Do not get me wrong-I have a great time but for much longer I could not stand it.

Things seem to be different in Argentina. It see
ms that the poeple hold on to their traditions and culture, not caring that much about materialistic life. Of course it does exist but as soon as you cross the border from Chile to Argentina you see smiling and frank people letting you feel the South American flaire. And so I enjoy my short vacation to San Martin de Los Andes. In the end of Semptember I took a bus to Villa La Angustura and from their to San Martin. After about 15 hours I arrived to experience my first not so good couchsurfing adventure. The guy told me to call him once I arrive and he would pick me up. Nobody anserwed and about 20minutes later I made my own way as I had his address. Later I was informed that walking alone in this district with a backpack that reveals you as a tourist is rather dangerous. That same couple which gave this information to me organized a taxi to take me down town. For the following four nights I had a small nice hotel-cheap cheap with breakfast. I had a blast in this time. I went horse-riding in the mountains for about three hours the first day. Also I went to a panoramic site. On my way back I lost my way and fought myself through the forest to find the original trail. The next I just chilled in a cafe reading, writing diary and a letter, and enjoyed the good time. At night I went for Pizza-ricissimo, even more when they played Seed...Somewhere in the middle of nowhere and then SEED! On my last day, Saturday, I borded a ship, cruising over the lake to a beach and a trail leading to cascades. It is so beautiful up there! On Sunday morning the bus left back for Villa la Angustura. This time we travelled with daylight and I was amazed by the landscape-it reminded me a little of my time in Idaho.

I came back and on my way from the bus terminal I set down my backpack to take in the most beautiful sunset I have seen in a loooong time.Then came la vida cotidiana-back to normal until on the 27.9. my friend married this Chilean guy felix. Like the sunset-It was a very nice fiesta on a property located at the sea shore with a beack-it was just like in the movies. The ceremory was crowded with people taking pictures which I did not appreciate very much. In the end both said yes and after a couple of Pisco Sours the Buffet was opened. The food was good, the vine red, and the rest of the day FUN. Their is a custom here that is laces are baked into the most upper part of the cake. Attached are symbolic pieces...horses for luck, etc...and of course rings indicating the next who is gonna marry. Who would have guessed...I pulled a ring-juhuuu. The second one went to this cute girl which the week after turned out not be as nice as she seemed...The night was long-full of dancing, jokes, and a happy atmosphere. Some staid over night and the next morning those who stayed made their way home.

But still, all thos
e event could not keep me here. Just now I had my "despedida" at work and I told my colleagues that in the end I am European, i.e. I cannot work for 45 hours the week earning 500€ allowing only to survive not being able to go out for a coffee or drink not to mention travelling. And as travelling is the best I am good at I decided: "Yes, that is what I am gonna do!" Somebody-without mentioning the name-supported me in doing what I will be up to. Of course others did as well...Anyway, on Monday, 20.10. I will be leaving with an old ferry that has been remodeled to be a passenger ship to Puerto Natales. Four days on the ship of no comfort rather for young people-back into my element. Any asking themselves how I can afford a cruise or better two? No worries, that is why people work in tourism :) Of course I will keep you up to date...

No comments: